The website www.polymem.fr has an audience measurement system, as well as a sharing function on social networks.
In accordance with European rules, Internet users must be informed and give their consent prior to the insertion of tracers (more commonly known as “cookies”). Internet users must have the option of not being traced when visiting a site or using an application. Web publishers are therefore obliged to seek the prior consent of users. Refusal to install a cookie may result in the inability to access certain services. However, the user can configure his Internet browser to refuse the installation of cookies.
The user can however configure his computer as follows, to refuse the installation of cookies:
- Internet Explorer: tab tool> internet options. Click Confidentiality and choose Block All Cookies. Confirm with OK.
- Netscape : Edit> Preferences tab. Click Advanced and choose Disable Cookies. Confirm with OK.
- Chrome :Browser menu> Settings menu> choose “Show advanced settings” at the bottom of the page and go to Content Settings. In the Cookies section, you have several choices:
- Block all cookies: Select Prohibit all sites from storing data.
- Block third-party cookies: check Block cookies and third-party site data.
- Firefox : On the Firefox menu bar> click on Preferences. In the Privacy section, configure the Retention Rules.
- To block all cookies, simply uncheck Accept cookies.
- For third-party cookies, simply uncheck Accept third-party cookies.
- Safari : Choose Safari> Preferences, click Privacy, and then click “Change the blocking of cookies and website data”
Audience cookies are small files that let you know and analyze the traffic statistics on the website: the pages visited, the number of visits, the bounce rate, the origin of the visits, … Cookies of audience measurement are completely anonymous.
On this site, the Google Analytics solution is used to measure the audience.
Social-linked cookies are associated with buttons that facilitate the sharing of pages and articles on social networks.