Reverse Osmosis Membranes
Reverse Osmosis membranes
Polymem is the distributor of reverse osmosis membranes in France.
Our experience in the development of membrane filtration systems allows us to offer assistance and know-how in the choice of membranes, the design and manufacture of reverse osmosis systems, nanofiltration and systems combining ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis.
The RO membrane elements consists of spiral-wound, thin-film composite membrane elements designed specifically for water treatment applications. The RO membrane chemistry and element construction is designed to provide optimized, low-cost operation for downstream unit applications, like separate-bed or mixed-bed ion exchange units.
Most important applications for industrial water treatment are:
- Seawater desalination
- Production of boiler feed water in power stations
- Demineralization and particle removal in microchip manufacture
- Water desalination for light industry (car wash, laundries, and marine application)
- Wastewater treatment, including post membrane bioreactor (MBR) application
- Groundwater remediation and recharge
Reverse Osmosis membranes Benefits
- Low salt passage, typically >99,7% rejection at standard conditions in brackish water
- High flow productivity
- Improved barrier layer chemistry (lower charge and higher cross-linkage) providing lower membrane fouling rates
- More stable salt rejection during operating lifetime (as the rejection mechanism is based more on solution diffusion than ionic repulsion)
Improved organic compound rejection
- More durable to allow less frequent, more aggressive cleaning